Astrolapp Planets and Sky Map shows the paths of our Solar System’s objects in the sky, including the orbits of the Sun, the Moon and the planets, in the style of a medieval astrolabe. In addition to the Solar System, Astrolapp’s sky map shows 9096 of the brightest stars and the 48 Ptolemaic constellations. Use Astrolapp Planets and Sky Map as a planning tool for your next astronomical observation trip or as a companion for evening star-gazing: It offers a colorful daytime mode as well as a darker red-light mode for comfortable use with the night sky!
– Planisphere showing the positions and motions of the Sun, the Moon and the planets
– Display of the 9096 brightest stars and the 48 Ptolemaic constellations
– Moon phase and phases of the planets; Retrogradicity of planets
– Precise numerical position data for stars and the Solar System’s objects in an ecliptical,
– Real time mode or manual mode, the latter allowing to “scroll the sky” into arbitrary centuries
– Automatic detection or manual selection (optionally via a map) of the observer’s geographic location.
– Graphical display of the ecliptic and the positions of the zodiac signs
– Optional height and azimut lines
– Calculation of local solar time and local and Greenwich sidereal time
– Zoom into the graphical display, i.e. to observe transit events in real time, or in history or future
– Night mode (monochrome black/red)
– Projection with center in the north or south pole of the celestial sphere, depending on the position of the observer
– Astrolapp now shows all 88 official constellations.
– Stars are drawn in the color of their spectral maximum. The spectral type is displayed in the info panel.
– Improved position data for solar system objects by taking travel time of light and aberration into account.
– More space for the graphical display: Hide info panels via swipe gesture.
– Optimized: Labels’ density on the screen and other display related aspects.
– Corrected elongation for stars with unknown distance.