Box Cushion Fabrication 1.1.1
Box cushion fabrication is an art form that anyone with basic sewing skills can master. Fabricating a box cushion is a great way to add comfort and style to furniture or to spruce up the appearance of an old piece of furniture. To create a box cushion, all that is needed is fabric, a few tools and supplies, and some patience.
Tools and Supplies Needed
- Fabric: Choose a durable fabric that best suits the style and use of the cushion. It is important to have enough fabric for all sides and the cushion top.
- Foam: Purchase foam appropriate for the size of cushion and the amount of use it will get.
- Thread: Select a thread that matches the fabric and is designed for easy use with a sewing machine.
- Measuring Tape: To be used to measure the fabric and foam accurately.
- Scissors/Rotary Cutter/Leather Knife: A sharp cutting instrument of your choice to cut the fabric and foam.
- Straight Pins: The pins will hold the fabric in place while sewing or when using a rotary cutter.
- Sewing Machine: The machine will be used to sew the fabric together, though hand sewing could also be used in a pinch.
- Staple Gun: This is used to attach the cushion to the frame of the furniture.
- Measure and Cut the Fabric: Measure the fabric needed to cover all sides of the cushion. Cut the fabric according to the measurements and lay it out flat.
- Measure, Cut and Pin Foam: Measure the foam and cut to the size needed. Pin the foam to the fabric and make sure everything is even.
- Sew the Fabrics Together: Sew the fabric over the foam and make sure the stitching is secure and even throughout the cushion.
- Staple the Fabric to Frame: Place the fabric and foam over the frame of the furniture and secure it with the staple gun. Make sure that the fabric is secure and the corners are neat.
- Trim Excess Fabric: Trim any excess fabric from the cushion and around the seams.
Creating a box cushion is a great way to add comfort and style to furniture for an affordable cost. Fabricating a box cushion is an easy way to revamp old furniture and make it look brand new. With some basic sewing skills, tools and supplies, anyone can learn how to fabricate a box cushion.
Install the Box Cushion Fabrication 1.1.1 APK app