MacroDroid Pro is an automation app for Android, much like the ever-popular Tasker. While Tasker would appear to be one of the most popular apps. But one complaint is that it’s not that easy to use. Technology snobs may sneer at this, but the bottomless pit of options and functionality is a little intimidating for some and many others find Tasker lacking intuitiveness. However Users suggest MacroDroid as an alternative And easier to configure. MacroDroid pro includes many built in and user shared templates to demonstrate the power and flexibility of the application and help you get started. These templates can be used as is, or easily customised to meet your needs.
A few Examples of what MacroDroid can automate
– Turn on the Wifi connection when you launch a particular app (and off again when closed).
– Auto respond to a specific incoming SMS by sending your current location.
– Toggle the power button to tell you the time (without taking out of your pocket).
– Use NFC tags to configure the device (turn on bluetooth, set volume etc).
Creating A Custom macro Is easy with MacroDroid Pro
– Click ‘Add Macro’
– Select a trigger from the list – (e.g. Battery Level).
– Configure trigger specific settings (e.g. Battery Level < 10%)
– Select an action from the list (e.g Configure Wifi)
– Configure action specific setting (e.g. Disable Wifi)
– MacroDroid Pro can Add more actions as required
– (Optionally) add constraints from the list (e.g. Day of the Week)
– Configure constraints as required (e.g. Saturday and Sunday)
– Add more constraints as required
– Choose a name and category for the macro
The free version of MacroDroid is limited to five macros and displays adverts. You can upgrade in the application to allow unlimited macros and remove all adverts. In addition Pro users can share their macros with the community using the built in template store.